One of the most important aspects of any successful event is the food and beverage offerings. Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner, your attendees deserve the latest and greatest in food and drink. After all, a well-fed participant is a happy attendee.
According to a recent Meetings & Conventions article, the International Association of Conference Centers released the top food trends in 2015:
- Local is everything. Attendees want to experience as much as they can about the destination they are traveling to for their meetings. Locally-sourced and destination-specific ingredients are always a plus.
- Small Bites. Serving smaller plates of food during a meeting helps keep energy levels up, and allows attendees to initiate or build relationships, while recharging with with small plates.
- Making and breaking bread together. Culinary team building excersices are one of the biggest meeting trends to date. Having the opportunity to cook alongside colleagues can foster trust and understanding in an office environment or at a company outing.
- Go micro. With the popularity of microbreweries sweeping the nation, conference planners are increasingly looking to brew masters to provide pre-dinner receptions that offer microbrews on the menu.
- Infused tea cocktails. Known for their health benefits and popularity in Great Britain, tea infused cocktails are gaining traction all across the globe. So after raising a glass of microbrew at you next conference, ask your mixologist for a hibiscus tea martini!